A contribution by Armin te Neues in “die Heimat”, issue 78/2007 from the Association for Local History e.V. Krefeld.
“It was on 1st May 1853 that Jacob Finck decided to change the direction of his company, which, up until that time, had been known as Papier- und Garngroßhandlung Coenen & Finck (paper and yarn wholesale company); the new company, running under the new name of J. Finck & Co., would focus exclusively upon the paper wholesale trade. What happened in Krefeld in 1853?”
Download the complete article as a PDF (in German) and learn more about our history.